2nd SUMAC Workshop (Co-Organized by PRL/FAU)
The 2nd workshop on Structuring and Understanding of Multimedia heritAge Contents (SUMAC) is going to be held in conjunction with ACM Multi-Media Conference 2020.
In the 1st SUMAC workshop, Prathmesh Madhu and Ronak Kosti gave an oral presentation of their work on Recognizing Characters in Art History using Deep Learning. It is great to announce that in the 2nd edition of the workshop, Ronak Kosti (PRL/FAU) is going to be a co-organizer for this workshop.
The objective of the second edition of this workshop is to present and discuss the latest and most significant trends in the analysis, structuring and understanding of multimedia contents dedicated to the valorization of heritage, with emphasis on the unlocking of and access to the big data of the past. We welcome research contributions related to the following (but not limited to) topics:
- Multimedia and cross-domain data interlinking and recommendation
- Dating and spatialization of historical data
- Mixed media data access and indexing
- Deep learning in adverse conditions (transfer learning, learning with side information, etc.)
- Multi-modal time series analysis, evolution modelling
- Multi-modal and multi-temporal data rendering
- HCI / Interfaces for large scale data sets
- Smart digitization of massive quantities of data
- Benchmarking, open data movement
Articles from the 1st SUMAC Workshop: https://dl.acm.org/doi/proceedings/10.1145/3347317
Website of the 2nd SUMAC Workshop: https://sumac2020.ec-lyon.fr